Defined in header
_Noreturn void abort(void);
Causes abnormal program termination unless SIGABRT is being caught by a signal handler passed to signal and the handler does not return.
Functions passed to atexit() are not called. Whether open resources such as files are closed is implementation defined. Implementation defined status is returned to the host environment that indicates unsuccessful execution.
error opening file data.txt in function main()
- C11 standard (ISO/IEC 9899:2011):
- 22.214.171.124 The abort function (p: 350)
- C99 standard (ISO/IEC 9899:1999):
- 126.96.36.199 The abort function (p: 315)
- C89/C90 standard (ISO/IEC 9899:1990):
- 188.8.131.52 The abort function
| causes normal program termination with cleaning up |
| registers a function to be called on exit() invocation |
| causes normal program termination without completely cleaning up |
C++ documentation for abort